Estate planning is a topic many people are uncomfortable discussing and a task many people procrastinate on completing. However, failing to properly plan can lead to undesirable consequences such as lengthy, expensive probates and gifts to unintended beneficiaries. A well-crafted estate plan can avoid probate in some cases and provide you with peace of mind for both what happens after your death as well as during your life.
A properly drafted estate plan can:
- Ensure your family is provided for after your death
- Ensure your assets are transferred to the proper individuals or charities after your death
- Enable you to provide for smooth transition of your assets after your death
- Prevent your assets from being tied up in court
- Provide instructions to your family about end-of-life decisions for you
- Ensure you and your assets are taken care of if you become incapacitated
Melissa K. Hancock will sit down with you at your free initial consultation and discuss your goals and wishes for your estate plan. She will then prepare your estate planning documents in accordance with your desires. When you return to the office to sign your documents, Melissa K. Hancock will walk through the contents of each and every document with you, taking the time to ensure you understand them and know what you need to do to effectuate your estate plan after you leave the office.
Areas of Expertise:
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney
- Designation of Heath Care Surrogate
- Living Will
- HIPAA Authorization
Get in Touch
Please fill out the form below, and someone will contact you to schedule your initial consultation to meet with Ms. Hancock. Please understand no attorney/client relationship is formed and no action will be taken on your behalf unless and until you formally retain Ms. Hancock after your initial consultation.